What is EHS?
EHS (Environmental and Health Safety) are activities in the field of environmental protection and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS).
EHS in Pratt & Whitney Kalisz
Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Protection are some of the basic elements of managing our organization. We treat EHS equally with production and quality processes. As one of the first in Poland we have implemented the Integrated Environmental Management System and OHS according to ISO14001 and PN-N-18001 standards.
How do we provide safe and hygienic working conditions?
We use a number of solutions that improve ergonomics and occupational safety standards, including:
- procedures of so-called Cardinal Principles, which define in details the way particular work, which we see as the most dangerous, should be performed
- system of technical solutions that improve ergonomics at work stations (lifting devices and special slings for lifting and assembling heavy materials)
- system of safe moving on transportation routes inside and outside the production halls
- system of control of hazardous agents concentration at workplace stations
- the obligation to use safety glasses and safety footwear when in production areas
How do we reduce the impact of production processes on the surrounding natural environment?
- we reduce the amount of hazardous industrial waste generated,
- we reduce the amount of waste generated (e.g. by directing used coolants to the evaporation station, filtration of coolants and the use of reusable cleaning cloths),
- we reduce electricity consumption,
- we limit the amount of natural resources used (among others, we use closed water circuits, water-saving sanitary devices and we recover heat from compressors for water heating,
- we received a golden level of LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification which is earned by the buildings that are user-friendly and environment-friendly.
Documents / Awards
- We strictly adhere to the assumptions of the Pratt & Whitney policy developed and updated regarding Occupational Health and Safety and environmental protection.
- Since 1999, we have a Certificate of the Integrated Environmental Management System and Occupational Health and Safety issued by the Polish Center for Testing and Certification S.A. and IQNet.
- In 2003, Pratt & Whitney Kalisz was honored with the “Pantheon of Polish Ecology” award established by the Minister of the Environment and the President of the Polish Center for Testing and Certification S.A.
- In 2007, Pratt & Whitney Kalisz became the Main Winner of the “Employer Organizer of Safe Work” competition at the national level in the category for large industrial plants (employing over 250 people).